Top 5 World Biggest Ship 2020/2021
World Biggest Ship 2020/2021
‘World Biggest Ship 2020/2021’, when you come across this phrase the first name that comes to mind is “Titanic”. All thanks to the Hollywood which attracted the attention of the people towards the ships through the movie, although its end was tragic.
But it does not mean that Titanic was the world’s biggest ship ever built in the history of Shipping Industry there are numerous vessels sailing on the oceans which will blow your mind.
With the evolution of the shipping industry from time to time, various vessels were built to meet the heavy requirement of transferring oil, goods and other products at bulk across the globe. Here we have listed some of the big ships built in the history of the shipping industry.
1. Prelude: First comes, the biggest ship of the world which was built in the history of the shipping industry. It is being said that this floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility is longer than the Empire State Building. Started in the year 2013, this ship is the 1,601 feet long and 243 feet wide. Owned by the company named Shell, Prelude FLNG was constructed by more than 260,000 tonnes of steel and when it comes to the weight its more than 600,000 tonnes.
2. Mont or Seawise Gaint: This steel giant has many memories in history. This supertanker had many names, starting with Seawise Gaint when it was constructed back in the year 1979 Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd in Japan. This vessel was also known as Oppama, Knock Nevis, Jahre Viking and behind two names there is a little bit of historic event.
It was named Happy Gaint, during Iran-Iraq war when it got damaged in a missile attack. Then it almost sank but it was salvaged and repaired by the company. Then it was named as Happy Giant.
Later in 2008-09, when it was sold to the Indian ship breakers for demolition, it was renamed as Mont for her final journey. The history still remembers this as the biggest Oil tanker type ship ever constructed.
3. Emma Maerskis: After remaining on top of the list of biggest ships in the world for four years from 2006 to 2010. Emma Maerskis is now the second biggest ship still in service. It is the first container ship in the E-class out of eight owned by the AP Moller-Maersk Group. This container ship sails from country to country carrying containers with different goods. It has the capacity of the carrying 11,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) or 14,770 TEU. This ship is 1,305 feet long.
4. TI Class Supertanker: When it comes to TI class supertanker Oceania along with its attractive body, it has a massive capacity to transfer the crude oil. Those are the four largest double-hulled supertankers in the world. Although the Maersk Triple E class container ships are bigger in length when it comes to Deadweight and gross tonnage TI Class is the frontrunner.
The TI Class’s deadweight tonnage is 440,000 tonnes and it sails on the speed between 16 to 18 knots. TI class is loaded with high technology which helps in overcoming the hurdles which might occur during the voyage. This ship is 1,247 ft long.
5. Harmony of the Seas: In Top 5 World Biggest Ship 2020, The Harmony of the Seas is the second largest passenger ship owned by the cruise liner Royal Caribbean International. It surpassed her sister ships including Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, but later it surpassed by her newer sister Symphony of the Seas. Harmony of the Seas has 2,747 rooms which can accommodate 5,479 guests. Along with 23 swimming pools, this ship also has 20 dining halls and a theatre with 1400 seats.
If this article was helpful for you please dont forget to write to us.